- 1 Cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Flour (2 tbsp has 11 gm carbs- 8 grams fiber= 3 grams carbs total)
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp stevia extract (Whole Foods 365 stevia extract powder)
- 1 Cup Organic Almond Milk
- 6 Organic Eggs
- 4 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 Tbsp Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 4 Tbsp Nutiva Organic Chia Seeds
- 1 Cup Organic Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries (I buy them frozen at Costco and remove the strawberries)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sift the coconut flour, baking soda & salt in a bowl.
3. In a blender or bowl mix the milk, eggs, coconut oil, stevia and vanilla.
4. Add the chia seeds and blend on low. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with dry ingredients and mix well.
6. Spoon the batter into greased cupcake sleeves or tins.
7. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
8. Cool on rack and serve.
*If using frozen berries: in saucepan, add berries sprinkled with stevia and 4 tbsp coconut oil. Stir on low until thawed. Add to wet mixture. If making these into pancakes, add more almond milk to batter and grill – also make more of this berry coconut oil mixture and use it as a topping.
Freeze muffins or refrigerate them. Will go rancid very quickly.
- Yield: 12 Muffins (12 Servings)