- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup quinoa flakes (make sure you get the flakes! Find on Amazon or at heath food store)
- 1/2 cup (roughly, 4 scoops) organic protein powder (I use brown rice vanilla protein)
- 1/2-2/3 cup unsweetened organic applesauce
- 1 cup organic almond milk
- 5 packets stevia
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/2 cup organic berries (fresh or frozen- I buy the frozen organic berry mix from Costco and remove the strawberries)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
- pinch of sea salt
Stir all ingredients together. Allow to sit for 1-2 minutes. Check the consistency, and see if you need to add any additional liquid. You want pancake batter consistency. *Pancake batter consistency is more liquid than cookie dough batter, but slightly less liquid than muffin consistency.
Heat a pan, and grease lightly with coconut, avocado, or walnut oil.
Using an ice cream scoop (or other spoon), spoon out two spoonful’s of batter to make one pancake.
Allow to cook on medium-low for about 2-3 minutes per side. The edges should firm-up (bubble slightly) before turning.
*Top with 1/2 cup pureed organic berries blended with 1/4 cup coconut oil and sweetened with a dash of stevia– or top with pure maple syrup (much higher in sugar)