- 2 cups Organic Brown Rice- cook for twice as long as the directions say. Want it very well cooked and almost mushy for rice pudding
- 1 can organic coconut milk
- 1/4 cup organic sugar, honey, or maple syrup to sweeten (can add stevia to decrease sugar content)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg (optional)
Stir mixture together then top with golden raisins. sliced almonds, etc. If not sweet enough, top with sweetened coconut cream or sweetened almond milk.
(this is the only recipe I have that contains dairy. If sensitive switch cream and yogurt to coconut cream)
- 5 organic boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1 inch pieces ( about 3 lbs)
- 1/2 large organic yellow onion, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed, sliced in half and seeds removed (careful- don’t touch the seeds!)
- 1 (29 ounce) bottle organic tomato puree
- 1 1/2 cups organic plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil, or walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 -3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup organic heavy cream (drizzled overtop)
- chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Serve with gluten free naan, or over a grain like brown rice or quinoa
- In a crock pot combine chopped onions, minced garlic, grated ginger, sliced jalapeno, tomato puree, plain yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, Garam Masala, cumin, paprika, salt, cinnamon, pepper and cayenne pepper. Stir until combine.
- Add in diced chicken followed and cover chicken with sauce. Add in 2 bay leaves.
- Cover slow cooker with lid and cook on low heat for 8 hours (or on high for 4 hours).
- Remove bay leaves and sliced jalapeno and serve warm. Drizzle with heavy cream and garnish with chopped cilantro.
Naan (Indian Bread)- Gluten Free and Paleo
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Baking Flour
- 1 Can full fat organic coconut milk
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder (optional)
- fresh sliced garlic- can place onto dough before flipping (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together
- Heat an oiled pan over medium heat (I use avocado oil)
- Spoon batter in pan and spread thin (like a pancake). Make to desired shape.
- Once batter starts bubbling and is browned flip and cook other side (be patient, takes a while to brown)
Use with your favorite Indian recipe or use in place of rice or quinoa.
Most sports drinks are extremely unhealthy!
For example, regular Gatorade contains: Water, sucrose syrup, glucose-fructose syrup, citric acid, natural grape flavor with other natural flavors, salt, sodium citrate, monopotassium phosphate, red 40, Blue 1. (This is from a picture of the grape flavored Gatorade label).
**Artificial colors, flavors, and chemicals. NO THANKS!
Here are some natural, healthy alternatives…
Coconut water: contains electrolytes and replenishes them naturally. If you don’t like the taste of coconut water, try some of the combinations below.
- 3 cups coconut water
- 1 cup purified water
- 1 freshly squeezed lime
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp real maple syrup
- optional- fresh mint
- 8 ounces purified water
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan or another type of sea salt (which is high in minerals)
- 1 fresh squeezed lemon
- 1 fresh squeezed orange
- 2 tbsp real honey
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- ½ banana
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp real honey
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- ½ cup ice cubes
- 3 cups purified water or coconut water