- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 organic eggs
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (4-5 medium), the darker the fruit, the sweeter the bread
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup walnut or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, bananas, sugar, applesauce, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer to two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with walnuts. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Top with butter flavored olive oil