- 2 ripe but firm bananas (bananas are high in carbs- avoid if have high blood sugar)
- 6 ounces organic dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons avocado or walnut oil
- 1/2 cup organic granola, chopped peanuts, pecans, or walnuts (optional)
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut the bananas and insert a skewer into each half, as shown. Place them on the baking sheet and freeze for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate slowly with the oil in a saucepan in a larger half-full pan of simmering water (about 8-10 minutes). Stir until smooth.
4. Roll each banana half in the chocolate, then quickly sprinkle with your topping (if using).
5. Freeze until the chocolate sets, 30 minutes. Serve or freeze in an airtight container for up to a week.
*Dip into softened organic peanut butter (optional)