- 1 head garlic, minced (see how to peel garlic quickly below)
- 1 Tbsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup avocado or walnut oil (add more oil if desire a smoother consistency or if the garlic is too strong)
Place the garlic, salt, lemon juice, oil, and oil in a quart-sized jar. Submerge an immersion blender in the mixture to the bottom of the jar. Mix with the blender resting on the bottom of the jar until the ingredients thicken, 1 to 2 minutes. Angle the mixer to pull ingredients from the sides of the jar and lift it toward the top to better combine. Continue blending until the mixture reaches a texture similar to mayonnaise.
*can also use a regular blender but it doesn’t work as well
How to Peel a Head of Garlic in 20 seconds
- Give the whole bulb of garlic a good smack on the table to break up the cloves
- Put the cloves into a glass jar and screw the lid on tight
- Give it a good hard shake for 20 seconds and vuala! Peeled garlic.