Skip to content
- 1 small or medium pumpkin
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons avocado or walnut oil
- 2 lbs organic ground grass fed beef or lamb
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1(15 ounce) can or box organic cream of mushroom or potato soup (any creamy soup you like)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked quinoa or brown rice
- Cut off the top of the pumpkin and thoroughly clean out pulp and seeds. I save the seeds and bake them later. Great source of zinc!
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) In a large skillet sauté onions, garlic, and mushrooms in oil until tender.
- Add meat and brown.
- Drain drippings from skillet.
- Add soup.
- Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cooked quinoa or rice.
- Spoon mixture into cleaned pumpkin shell.
- Replace pumpkin top and place entire pumpkin, with filling, on a baking sheet.
- Bake 1 hour or until inside meat of the pumpkin is tender.
- Put pumpkin on a plate.
- Remove pumpkin lid.
- Scoop out some pumpkin with each bite, it’s delicious!