This is high quality beef liver. Can purchase at Natural Grocers.
- 1 tsp black strap molasses
- sea salt to taste
- In a medium skillet, on medium heat, stir in onions and saute until softened. Stir in molasses and continue to cook until onion caramelizes. If onions aren’t soft enough, cover and steam in 1 tbsp water for a few minutes.
- Rinse liver and remove thin outer membrane.
- Heat remaining oil in a medium skillet over medium heat
- Brown liver in oil for about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes per side. Remove from heat and cover with a thin layer of sea salt and oil . Serve liver smothered with caramelized onions.