Protein shakes are drinks made by mixing protein powder with water, although other ingredients are often added as well. They can be a convenient addition to the diet, especially when access to quality high-protein foods is limited.
High protein diets are a great weight loss and muscle building strategy, and protein shakes make it easier to increase your protein intake. Since they may help control your appetite, boost your metabolism, and help you shed some belly fat, protein shakes may be effective for weight loss.
Whey protein is one of the most commonly used proteins and is best for day-to-day use. It contains all of the essential amino acids and is easily digested. It helps boost energy and can reduce stress levels. Another good way to boost the energy you get is by adding natural supplement to help you increase t levels and get better results.
Here is how I make my Protein Smoothie:
- 1 scoop SoTru Protein Shake (contains fermented medicinal mushrooms, organic greens, and plant based protein)
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Hemp Milk (contains omega 3’s)
- 1/4 cup Goat Milk Kefir (add for beneficial probiotics)
- 1/8 cup Organic Frozen Blueberry or Blackberries
- 1/2 Acai Smoothie Pack
- 1/8 cup Organic Frozen Spinach
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- handful of ice
- add water if too thick
- sweeten with a dash of Organic Stevia Extract
Blend until smooth
- Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder (if need a little caffeine)
- for more superfoods- add 2-3 tbsp Wild Protein Smoothie Mix with moringa and spirulina, also makes your smoothie creamier
- for more energy and satiety add 1 tbsp Unrefined Coconut Oil
- if need to GAIN weight, add a 1/2 frozen banana and 1 tbsp raw local honey (good for allergies)