- 3 cups organic mozzarella cheese shredded
- 4 tablespoons organic cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups almond flower
- 2 teaspoons xanthum gum
- 2 organic eggs room temperature
- 2 teaspoons dried yeast approximately 1 sachet
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 2 tablespoon organic butter or butter flavored coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground sea salt
- Preheat oven to 390 degrees F.
- In a saucepan, place the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese and simmer on low heat until fully melted and almost liquid.
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water and allow it to sit and activate for 2 minutes.
- In your stand mixer (using the dough hook attachment), place the almond meal and xanthum gum and mix well.
- Add the eggs, yeast mixture and 1 tablespoon of the melted butter and mix well.
- Add the hot melted cheese to the stand mixer and allow it to knead the dough until all the ingredients are fully combined. Around 5-10 minutes.
- Split the dough into 12 balls. The dough is easiest to work with while it is warm.
- Roll each ball into a long skinny log and twist into a pretzel shape. Place on a lined cookie sheet and give a little space with side as the pretzels will rise.
- Brush the pretzels with the remaining butter and sprinkle with pretzel salt.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- When the pretzels are golden brown, remove them from the oven, and don’t burn your fingers trying to eat them immediately.
Nutrition FactsAmount Per ServingTotal Carbohydrates 3gDietary Fiber 2gSugars 1gProtein 11g