Skip to content
- 1 tablespoon melted unrefined coconut oil, divided
- 20 cremini mushroom caps
- 1 package organic uncured turkey bacon
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- ¼ cup grated raw goat cheese
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted grass-fed butter, diced into 20 pieces
- ½ cup chives
- Heat the oven to 400 F.
- Brush the mushroom caps with the coconut oil and place them top down on a baking sheet.
- Use the remaining oil to grease another baking sheet.
- Distribute the bacon evenly on the greased baking sheet.
- Bake the mushrooms and bacon for 15 minutes.
- While the mushrooms and bacon are baking, bring a medium pot of water to a boil.
- Add the cauliflower and boil for 8 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain the cauliflower well and remove any excess water by patting with paper towels.
- Do not allow the cauliflower to cool.
- To the bowl of a food processor, add the cauliflower, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper and puree until almost smooth.
- Set aside.
- Remove the mushrooms and bacon from the oven.
- Chop up the bacon.
- Flip the mushroom caps and fill them with the cauliflower mixture.
- Place one piece of butter on top of the mixture.
- Crumble and sprinkle the bacon on top of each mushroom.
- Serve immediately.