- 1 can oil-packed anchovy fillets, drained
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 3 large organic egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup avocado or walnut oil
- 6 tablespoons finely grated fresh parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Make an anchovy-garlic paste: Mince the anchovies and garlic together until the mixture is mostly smooth and the garlic is minced, about 3 minutes; or blend in food processor, set aside.
- Whisk the egg yolks: Whisk the egg yolks together in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Add the mustard: Whisk in the mustard until just combined.
- Add the anchovy-garlic paste: Whisk in the anchovy-garlic mixture.
- Whisk in the lemon juice: While whisking, pour in the lemon juice, then whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in the olive oil: While whisking, stream in the olive oil to create a thick emulsion. Once all of the olive oil is added, whisk for another minute to thicken.
- Finish with avocado or walnut oil oil: Continue whisking and slowly stream in the oil. Again, once all of the oil is added, whisk for another minute to thicken.
- Season and serve: Whisk in the Parmesan cheese. Taste and season with black pepper as needed. Serve immediately.