* make sure all produce is organic
- 1 large leaf rainbow chard
- 1/4 head of broccoli with stem
- 1 slice fresh pineapple (anti-inflammatory-the less fruit the better)
- 2 fresh turmeric roots (anti-inflammatory)
- 1 small chunk of fresh ginger root (anti-inflammatory)
Directions: wash all produce. Push through juicer then run 1 cup purified water through shoot to flush out more nutrients. Take 1 tsp organic red palm oil with juice to absorb fat soluble vitamins. This oil is very high in vitamins A and E.
* use only organic fruits and vegetables- you don’t want to drink chemicals
- 1 large tomato
- 1/4 beet (make sure it’s organic- many beets are genetically modified)
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 stick celery
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cucumber (no need to peel it)
- 1 small clove peeled garlic
- 1/2 red or green bell pepper
- 10 sprigs cilantro (optional)
- 1/2 lemon (optional- make sure and peel lemon if juicing it, skin is bitter)
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
Wash vegetables then place into juicer. It’s best to run a non-juicy vegetable (like spinach) in with a juicy one (like cucumber). Run 1 cup of purified water through juicer at end to flush out more nutrients. Can squeeze lemon in finished juice so you don’t have to peel it. I take a tsp of organic red palm oil with my juice to absorb the fat soluble vitamins. This oil is very high in vitamins A and E.
Juice- The most important meal of the day!
Our fruits and vegetables are much different than they were 50 years ago. They are less nutrient dense, laden with chemicals, and genetically modified.
Juicing is a process which extracts water and nutrients from produce and discards the indigestible fiber.
Without all the fiber, your digestive system doesn’t have to work as hard to break down the food and absorb the nutrients. In fact, it makes the nutrients more readily available to the body in much larger quantities than if you were to eat the fruits and vegetables whole.
I recommend juicing every day. Make sure all produce is ORGANIC. You don’t want to drink pesticides and herbicides- it defeats the purpose.
My favorite juice recipe:
- 2 small or 1 large leaf Lactino Kale
- 1 large leaf Rainbow Chard
- 1 small Apple (seeds removed)
- 1 small fresh turmeric root (optional)
*dilute juice with water and consume within 5 min of juicing (the healthy enzymes die quickly); also, add a few drops of a healthy oil to absorb fat soluble vitamins- I use organic red palm oil due to it’s high levels of vitamin E and vitamin A.
A word of caution: When you remove the fiber from the produce, the liquid juice is absorbed into your blood stream quickly. If you are only juicing fruits, this would cause a rapid spike in blood sugar and unstable blood sugar levels.
10 Ways to Add Juice Pulp Back in for Extra Fiber…
- Sneak it into pasta dishes
- Add to soups and stews
- Make vegetable broth out of it
- Add into muffin and bread recipes
- Dehydrate or freeze it in a zip lock and use it later
- Add it to your favorite burger, meatball, or salmon patty recipe
- Add it to your smoothie
- Mix in with oil and vinegar salad dressing
- Compost your pulp and add it to your garden
- Mix it into your pets food