In the morning before you go to work, put all ingredients into a crock-pot and cook on low for 8-10 hours (10 hours if meat is frozen)
- 4 lb Organic Grass Fed Roast
- 1 medium organic yellow onion (cut into quarters)
- 1-2 cloves chopped garlic
- 4-6 small organic red potatoes
- 1-2 handfuls organic baby carrots
- add sea salt, pepper, and your favorite seasonings to flavor
**Measurements aren’t exact; just stuff your crock-pot until it’s full!
Put lid on tight making sure no heat is leaking. Don’t open the lid before it’s done or you’ll let all the heat out and it will take longer to cook.
Serve with side salad, steamed broccoli, or steamed and mashed cauliflower topped with gravy made from roast juices thickened with tapioca flour, arrowroot, organic potato starch, or guar gum.
- 16 organic butter lettuce leaves
- 1 pound organic grilled chicken strips 1 tablespoon avocado or walnut oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Bragg’s liquid amino’s
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 dash Asian chili pepper sauce, or to taste (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Asian (dark) sesame oil
- another option– omit sauce listed here and use the sauces listed in my stir-fry recipe
Rinse whole lettuce leaves and pat dry, being careful not tear them. Set aside.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Grill chicken in the oiled hot skillet until browned. 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease; transfer chicken to a bowl. Cook and stir onion in the same skillet until slightly tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir hoisin sauce, garlic, soy sauce or liquid amino’s, vinegar, and chili pepper sauce into onions. Add water chestnuts, green onions, sesame oil, and cooked chicken cook and stir until the onions just begin to wilt, about 2 minutes.
Arrange lettuce leaves around the outer edge of a large serving platter and pile meat mixture in the center.
- 1 small organic onion, coarsely grated (optional)
- 1 pound organic grass-fed organic ground beef or ground buffalo
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon avocado or walnut oil
Top with avocado slices, grilled mushrooms, sauerkraut and pickles, organic ketchup/barbecue sauce, etc.
Using your hands, gently mix onion, ground meat, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Gently shape into four 1 1⁄2”-thick patties (loosely formed patties will be more succulent).
Heat oil in a large skillet, preferably cast iron or stainless steel, over medium-high heat. Season patties with salt and pepper, place in skillet, and immediately reduce heat to medium. Cook 4–6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Serve on butternut or iceberg lettuce buns with desired toppings.
Goat Cheese Salad
- 3 cups Organic greens (spring mix and/or romaine)
- 2 tbsp soft goat cheese
- 2 tbsp organic dried cranberries (find at Trader Joe’s)
- 4 tbsp pecan pieces
Dressing: Oil to vinegar ratio is 50:50. Here’s a link to my favorite vinegar- 18 year old aged. Mix with an avocado oil or walnut oil.
Another good salad that’s high in omega 3’s:
- 3 cups organic greens (remember to mix with dressing before adding toppings)
- sardines (I like “Season Brand” sardines in olive oil from Costco); or add canned herring or wild Alaskan salmon
- sliced hearts of palm (great price at Costco)
- cherry tomatoes and sliced cucumber
- 2 tbs salad dressing (I like Tessemae’s Southwest Ranch from Whole Foods)
Get creative and add: organic hardboiled eggs, any organic meat instead of fish, more organic veggies. (green/red/yellow pepper, peas, cucumber, radish, etc); organic uncured turkey bacon pieces, raw walnut pieces
- 1 can Wild Alaskan Salmon
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 Tbsp. walnut or avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 of an onion, diced (optional)
- 1 tsp dill (optional)
- 1/4 box of Mary’s Gone Crackers, crumbled or add 1/2cup cooked quinoa or organic brown rice
Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix together. Form into patties. Cook 5 minutes on each side. Serve with grilled vegetables or side salad.
- Grilled Eggplant and Zucchini (I like Trader Joe’s brand in frozen food section- just heat and serve!)
- Organic Tomato slices (optional)
- Atkins Ranch California Style Frozen Lamb Patties (find at Whole Foods); or make your own lamb patties (1lb ground lamb blended with 1 tsp rosemary, 1/2 tsp mint, 1 tsp thyme, 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice) Form into patties and sear on each side- don’t overcook.
Warm eggplant and zucchini slices in pan on medium heat. No need to add oil.
Thaw lamb patties then sear on each side over medium/high heat until warm in center. Don’t overcook!
Ingredients: (use only organic ingredients)
- 2 lbs. organic ground turkey or shredded organic chicken
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 med. onion, cut into 3 wedges
- 4 med. carrots, julienne or diced
- 1/2 c. sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 c. green peppers, julienne or diced
- 1/2 c. snap peas
- 3 med. zucchinis, julienne or diced
- 1/2 c. broccoli
- 1/2 head of green cabbage
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
In a small pan, heat avocado or walnut oil in a skillet over med-high heat. Brown turkey or chicken until no longer pink. Drain if necessary.
In a large sauce pan or wok, heat avocado or walnut oil. Saute garlic and onion until lightly browned. Add in this order: mushrooms, carrots, broccoli, zucchini, snap peas, green peppers, cabbage, and water chestnuts. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 min. or until crisp-tender. Cover and steam if need to soften veggies further. Add sea salt and sauce listed below. Cook 2 min. longer. Combine ingredients and serve. Add more sauce if necessary.
Mix in equal parts mix: Bragg’s Liquid Amino’s, San-J Szechuan, Coconut Aminos Teriyaki Sauce (see picture)
Check out my blog for recipes, weight loss tips, and general ways to get healthy!