This yogurt is a great alternative to dairy and it’s high in probiotics
- 1/4 cup coconut milk yogurt (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup goat milk kefir (unsweetened)
- a dash stevia- add to desired sweetness
- 1/8 cup organic frozen blue or blackberries
optional: top with shredded coconut (unsweetened), chia seeds, and pecan or walnut pieces
1 avocado, halved
1 clove garlic
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
¼ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon cilantro
1 lime, juiced
*Add all dressing ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
These taste really good and have only 11 g net carbs per serving.
Use in place of bread for a low carb meal.
- 1 veggie wrap- optional: grill in avocado oil for 5 minutes to make outside crispy
- 2 slices organic sliced turkey breast
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2 organic baby kosher pickles, sliced
- 3 tbsp organic red onion, diced
- lettuce or spinach
- Spread: Organic Kensington Mayo, Organic mustard
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons of avocado or walnut oil
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a mixing bowl, combine the ground lamb, garlic, oregano, garlic powder, sea salt, and black pepper until the spices are all well incorporated into the meat.
Form the meat into approximately 9-12 meatballs and place into an oven safe dish.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked all the way through or is just slightly pink in the center.
Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the meatballs upon serving.
- 1 head organic cauliflower
- sliced organic kale (optional)
- 1 tablespoon avocado or walnut oil
- sea salt
- tumeric (optional)
- Cut the cauliflower into large pieces: Cut the head of cauliflower into quarters, then trim out the inner core from each quarter. Break apart the cauliflower into large florets.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a food processor: Don’t fill the food processor more than 3/4 full; if necessary, process in two batches.
- Pulse the cauliflower until completely broken down: Process the cauliflower in 1-second pulses until it has completely broken down into couscous-sized granules. (Alternatively, grate the florets on the large holes of a box grater.)
- Pull out any unprocessed pieces: Some florets or large pieces of cauliflower might remain intact. Pull these out and set them aside. Transfer the cauliflower couscous to another container and re-process any large pieces.
- Optional: add thinly sliced kale into processed cauliflower.
- Cooking cauliflower rice: Cooking makes the cauliflower more tender and rice-like. Warm a tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the cauliflower and sprinkle with a little salt and tumeric. Cover the skillet and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, until tender. Use or serve immediately, or refrigerate the for up to a week.
- Freezing raw cauliflower couscous: The cauliflower rice can also be sealed in airtight containers or bags and frozen for up to three months. Thaw on the counter for a few minutes before using or cooking.
In a small bowl, stir together thyme, rosemary, coconut, avocado, or walnut oil, sea salt, and pepper (or just oil and salt tastes good). Toss in vegetables until they are coated. Spread evenly on a large roasting pan. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, stirring every 10 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked through and browned.
Roast any vegetable you’d like.
Low carb vegetable examples are the sweet peppers shown, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, onions, garlic, brussel sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.
- 1 head garlic, minced (see how to peel garlic quickly below)
- 1 Tbsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup avocado or walnut oil (add more oil if desire a smoother consistency or if the garlic is too strong)
Place the garlic, salt, lemon juice, oil, and oil in a quart-sized jar. Submerge an immersion blender in the mixture to the bottom of the jar. Mix with the blender resting on the bottom of the jar until the ingredients thicken, 1 to 2 minutes. Angle the mixer to pull ingredients from the sides of the jar and lift it toward the top to better combine. Continue blending until the mixture reaches a texture similar to mayonnaise.
*can also use a regular blender but it doesn’t work as well
How to Peel a Head of Garlic in 20 seconds
- Give the whole bulb of garlic a good smack on the table to break up the cloves
- Put the cloves into a glass jar and screw the lid on tight
- Give it a good hard shake for 20 seconds and vuala! Peeled garlic.
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- 2 heads organic cauliflower
- 3 pastured eggs
- 2 cups shredded raw parmesan (they sell this at Trader Joe’s!)
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp sea salt
- Chop cauliflower heads into smaller pieces and pulse in a food processor until it resembles rice.
- Spread it evenly on a baking sheet and bake at 425 until it becomes fragrant (about 10 minutes)
- Squeeze the cauliflower inside the towel to get the liquid out
- You will be amazed at how much actually wrings out!
Here is what it looks like all squeezed out
- Now add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well with your hands
- Spread onto a Silpat lined baking sheet
- Make sure you spread evenly
- Bake at 425* until it starts to brown on the top, then take it out and flip it
- Bake an additional 10 minutes
courtesy of http://eatlocalgrown.com/article/14230-cauliflower-crust-pizzas.html/?c=jhe
juice and grated zest of 1/2 of lime and 1/2 of small orange
1 tablespoon of grated fresh ginger
1 garlic clove, minced
1 green onion- white and light-green parts only, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds.
2 boneless, skinless organic chicken breasts
Place lime and orange juice, zest, ginger, garlic, and scallion in a small bowl, and whisk to combine. Place chicken in a shallow dish, cover with marinade, turning to completely coat. Transfer to refrigerator, and marinate 1 hour.
Remove chicken 30 minutes before cooking.
Heat grill, or grill pan over medium-high heat.
Remove chicken from marinade and season with salt and pepper and cut into 2 inch cubes.
Cut chicken into squares and push skewer through alternating chicken pieces with sliced peppers, pineapple, onion, mushrooms, etc.
Grill until completely cooked all the way through.
**Serve with organic brown rice or quinoa and a side salad.